In Nintendo Direct 1.14.15, the new Nintendo 3DS XL was revealed for North American markets on February 13th, 2015. The new Nintendo 3DS (standard model) released in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, and Europe, but it will not release in North America. Pre-orders of the new Nintendo 3DS XL are now available at GameStop, Target, and other game stores. Trading in a regular 3DS at GameStop will net you $75 towards a New Nintendo 3DS XL, and trading in a 3DS XL will net you $100 towards a New Nintendo 3DS XL.
The new Nintendo 3DS will retail for 16,000 Yen, around £93 in UK, AU$219.95, and Italy €169.98, while the new Nintendo 3DS XL will cost 18,800 Yen, around £109 in UK, and $199.99 US, AU$249.95, and Italy €199.98.
***standard model new Nintendo 3DS will not release in North America
- Faster CPU
- Better 3D screen technology
- MicroSD-slot instead of normal-sized SD-slot
- Amiibo support
- Two circle-pads instead of one
- New buttons ZR and ZL
Smaller updates include:
- The speed on the new Nintendo 3DS XL has greatly increased, with faster downloads, web browsing, and the new feature to watch video files.
- The camera has greatly improved, so now you can take better pictures under dim lighting conditions.
- You can transfer data through wireless LAN directly up to your PC.
- The new Nintendo 3DS XL has automatic brightness adjustment, brightness is dependant on your surroundings, therefore improves your battery life. You can play all of your old Nintendo 3DS games on your new Nintendo 3DS XL console.
What do you think of this brand new console Nintendo showed off? Will you be buying the new Nintendo 3DS XL? Leave a comment below.