iMessage Tutorial on El Capitan and Yosemite
Works on OS X 10.10+
Requires Clover boot loader, and has been tested up to macOS 10.12
Clover Configurator: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download/
IMPORTANT: Make sure that your primary network is set as en0. A lot of the time, this is a major issue and is often overlooked. If you use WiFi as your primary network, it has to be en0. Open System Profiler, click Ethernet or Wifi, depending on how you receive your internet, and make sure the network is listed as en0. If not, delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and Preferences.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. In many cases, this is unnecessary.
|Open System Profiler in Spotlight|
|In my case, I use a WiFi adapter. I have en0, so I don't have to make any changes, but if you have en1, continue.|
|Open a Finder window and press ⌘ + Shift + G. Then type /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration|
|Delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist, then reboot!|
How To Get iMessage Working on Yosemite and El Capitan
Download Clover Configurator and run the program.
|Mount the EFI partition and open the config.plist|
|Import the config.plist|
|Go to the SMBIOS tab and click the magic wand icon|
|Select the computer most similar to yours (My PC is most similar to an iMac)|
For the tutorial, I've selected the iMac 8,1, but I do not recommend it.
If you have a desktop Haskell or Skylake processor: Select iMac 14,2
|Since I have a Haswell i5 processor, the Mac closet to mine would be the iMac 14,2. |
|Click both shake buttons a few times, and press OK.|
Visit https://checkcoverage.apple.com and test your serial.
If the error shown above appears, than you are good to go!
If not, make another serial by repeating the above step.
Add 5 hexadecimal digits and letters to the end of the Board Serial Number.
Here are some examples you can use:
Board Serial Number Extensions:
|Open Terminal and type uuidgen, then press enter|
|Copy the value that was outputted|
|Paste the value into the SmUUID section|
Copy the text below:
rm -R com.apple.Messages*
rm -R com.apple.imfoundation*
rm -R ~/Library/Messages/
|Paste the text into Terminal, then press enter once the text appears to finish|
|Now you can close Terminal|
Log into iMessage with your iCloud account and you should be messaging right away!
If you're still having issues, read the Didn't work? segment below:
Video Tutorial: Hackintosh iMessage on El Capitan
Credits:Getting iMessage working on 10.10.2 (generating unique UUID and Board Serial Number)
- Reddit user /u/cobo10201 wrote the tutorial that I used to originally set up iMessage. It is the first guide that worked for me without stealing serial numbers.
- Reddit user /u/rossistboss wrote the script that is copied into terminal to clear out the old iMessage login attempts. Simplifies the process a lot!
- Bridgette L. in the comments gave another tip for anyone who is still getting the "--- is not registered with iMessage". Thanks so much!
- This guide is posted on Tonymacx86 here so if you need help, reply to me on there or comment below!
- Your ethernet must be set as en0 for this tutorial to work. On laptops or machines without ethernet, use RehabMan's NullEthernet kext to fake Ethernet. (This adds Mac App Store compatibility as well)
- If you are still getting an error, double check the Rt Variables section in Clover Configurator and that is clear ROM and/or MLBs aren't being added anywhere else in your config.plist. Then reboot and it should begin to work!