iOS 10 Beta 2's New Features
iOS 10 Beta 2 New Features
All of the new features in iOS 10 Beta 2.
- Tweaked HomeKit iconography in Control Center
- Notification Center ‘Missed’ becomes ‘Recent’
- Today view for widgets in Notification Center can once again be accessed with swipe down from Home screen, not just within apps
- Iconography for Apple TV and speakers tweaked in AirPlay settings in Control Center
- HomeKit app icon updated from solid yellow to Home app icon in Settings
- Apple Music replaces ‘Downloaded Music’ with ‘Downloads’, no longer removable
- Maps now includes option for ‘Show Parked Location’ plus feature explanation in Settings
- Messages now has Low Quality Image Mode toggle in Settings
- Mail has new filter icon (was previously a filter, now lines within a circle
- Notification Center now has Weather Channel credit once again
- Control Center 3D Touch options have tweaked language, icons
- New Organ Donation changes available in Health app
- Music now has Shuffle option from Songs section (previously had to play a song before shuffling)
- ‘Rest Finger to Unlock’ option in Accessibility Settings
- Lock screen adds ‘Unlocked’ animation in status bar when unlocked, previously just removed lock icon
- App Store now works with Split View on iPad Pro
- iMessage App Store introduced over the weekend now promoted with splash screen
- Feedback app available for more users
- 3D Touching folders with badges now shows badges per apps, previously said ‘Unread’ per app
- Interactive notifications now work differently on non-3D Touch devices (swipe down versus slide over to access options)
Removing an Apple application from the home screen does not remove it from the device.
Calculator, Calendar, Compass, Contacts, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Home, iBooks, iCloud Drive, iTunes Store, Mail, *Maps, *Music, News, Notes, *Podcasts, Reminders, Stocks, Tips, Videos
- You can remove the Contacts app from an iPhone only. If you remove Contacts, you won’t lose your contact information. You can still find all of that information in the Phone app.
- If you remove the Music app, it won’t be available to use with CarPlay.
- If you try to remove the Watch app from an iPhone that’s paired with an Apple Watch, an alert asks you to unpair your Apple Watch before you can remove the app.